Sunday, October 16, 2016

Shameless



Shame me...
Call me names
Spread those rumors
By all means, back bite me.


I'm so & so's child
No need for your pity
And no, we're not cursed!
Its just a simple family misfortune.
Or so I like to tell myself... You see;
My young brain can't comprehended
All the tragedy as it happens in real time
I suppose I'm just trying to make sense,
Of the current reality, the rumors, and the truth...

Trouble is people just love to ride a good scandal.
No body cares about your little feeling or well being...
A good story sells, add some spice and you have a winner.
So here I find myself in the predicament
Of having to admit to, explain, defend and re-live this agony.
Never mind that this mess is not even my making.
"Grow some thick skin" well wishers advise
It won't last forever.

Oh but it does..
The scandals fade but scars remain
You grow up knowing just how brutal things can get
A sense of aggression possesses you
A lack of trust be riddles you
A clock of shame covers you...
So you build massive emotional walls;
To protect yourself from "the enemies"
It's an exhausting way to live.



So your walls are great
But boy do they disconnect you!
You can't seem to have a "normal" life
And this in turn frustrates you...
The walls are closing in, it's cold and lonely.
So you seek an escape from the reality
You so carefully created to protect... You.
Numbness takes over; An "Ice Queen" is born.
Meanwhile society has gone back
To minding their trivial livelihoods
Searching for the next "shame" victim.


Honestly... Its never that serious.
Most people are extremely bored by their lives
Hence pounce on the littlest mishap,
Blowing it out of proportion and revel in your agony.
Aggressive responses only add salt to injury
Better keep calm and sail through it all.
Imagine yourself a sort of canine trainer at feeding time;
Where your mishap is the food...
Maybe it's a sort of sadistic response to it all, but it will keep you sane.
Especially when living in a society that likes to shame the victim.
Why live through a double tragedy?


Shame me...
Call me names
Spread those rumors
By all means, back bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment